Negotiations Update: October 9, 2015
The Cupertino Education Association (CEA) and the Cupertino Union School District (CUSD) met on October 9, 2015. This was our first negotiations meeting.
During the session we accomplished the following:
- Clarified meeting norms
- Reviewed Interest Based Bargaining
- Both parties presented their initial sunshine proposals
- Posted CEA’s initial sunshine of Article 6 – Employer Initiated Transfer
- Began discussion of Article 17 – Definitions
- Prioritized articles for discussion at future sessions
- Added future session dates
The CUSD team consists of Doug Baughn, Jennifer Tyson, Steve Burrell, Debbie Textor, John Shannon, and Greg Dannis. The CEA team consists of Susan Bachelor, Sara Brown, Nick Cortez, Kai Brown, Barbara Wooley, and Christal Watts.