Vacancy List Posted 5/15/13 [ PDF ]
Vacancy List Posted 5/1/13 [ PDF ]
SB 441 did not pass. Now Senator Calderon wants to bring it up again!! It would INVOLVE PARENTS IN TEACHER EVALUATION, establish a rating system that could not be bargained and INCLUDE TEST SCORES AS PART OF THE EVALUATION! Tell your Senator – No No No!!
Opportunities for teacher input into the implementation of the Common Core standards by the California Department of Education.
Note: The Common core Standards are “what we teach” the framework for the standards developed by the CDE is “how we teach”
1. The draft proposal by the CDE of the Mathematics Framework of the Common core will be available mid-April for review and public comment at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ma/cf/ The CDE will accept public comment for 60 days.
2. Members are encouraged to apply to be a reviewer of the 2014 Mathematics Primary Instructional Materials Adoption of materials that are aligned to the California Common core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) adopted by the SBE. Information about this review and the on-line application process is available at:
Deadline for submission of applicants is April 18, 2013
3. Members are encouraged to apply to be a reviewer of the English Language Development Supplemental Instructional Materials Review Panel. Information about this review and the on-line application process is available at
The deadline for submission of applications has been extended to April 19, 2013 or until the number of reviewers is complete
4. Members are encouraged to apply to participate in a two day California English Language Development Test (CELDT) Item Alignment meeting. Information about this review and the on-line application process is available at:
Deadline for submission of applications is April 26, 2013
APRIL 15TH, 2013
Last day to enroll!
CTA Disability & Life
• No health questions
• $75K Life Insurance Guaranteed!
If you have not enrolled yet, this is your last opportunity for 3 more years!
It’s easy to enroll
1. Call 1-800-522-0406 enroll over the phone!
2. Enroll online… click this link!
If you sign up in March, your coverage starts the first of April
If you signed up in April, your coverage starts the first of May
HAVE A VOICE IN WHAT YOUR CUPERTINO EDUCATION ASSOCIATION DOES!
YOU have it if you want one. YOU can make your voice heard every time CEA takes action. YOU also have direct representation to the CTA State Council and NEA Representative Assembly through the officers YOU elect.
Positions open for the CEA election in May for the 2013-2014 year are the following:
YOUR Cupertino Education Association needs YOU to be a part in the decisions made for our teachers.
STEP UP NOW!
Speak up and have your say in the continued representation of your fellow teachers.
Call the CEA Office (408) 257-2122 before April 12 and have your name placed on the ballot.
We have six spots available to send delegates to the NEA convention. CEA will cover all expenses (air, hotel, meals).
Please let Kai (firstname.lastname@example.org) know by April 12th if you are interested.
We are only halfway to our Standard Disability Insurance enrollment goal, so we are extending the deadline to April 15.
We will have a special “last chance” event at the CEA office on Thursday, April 11th from 3:30pm to 5:00pm for teachers to drop off their applications. We will also have a representative from Standard Disability Insurance available to answer questions and help you complete the necessary forms.